Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thankful... A Couple Days Late

Life has certainly been a whirlwind since we left San Francisco almost a month ago. It feels like time has gone by too quickly as we attempt to settle in and make Chicago our home. I couldn't believe how rapidly Thanksgiving approached and it definitely caught me off guard. I did however, want to take a moment to reflect on my life since last Thanksgiving and remember how blessed I am with all the things I have in my life. 

First and foremost, I am thankful for my supportive family. Both my family that I left in San Francisco, but also the family I have gained through Jason. Without their love and support, opinions, welcoming arms and open minds, our decision to relocate to a new part of the country would have been much harder than it already was. I am thankful to be welcomed into a family as much as I have been here in the Midwest. 

Moving away from my family was, and will always be, the piece I miss the most about San Francisco. My goal is to get them all to move out east, one by one, until everyone is here. I am very doubtful that this will happen, but maybe I can one-day convince my parents with the lure of grandchildren and my brothers and sister with the lure of cousins... A girl can dream right? PS. Whitney - houses are WAY more affordable out here. The one across the street from us is for sale. Just saying...

Not to be forgotten, I am thankful for my friends who have not stopped letting me forget what good friends they are. To you all - sometimes your texts, although random, come at the perfect time, when I need a laugh or just simply a smile. You are another reason why this move has been so hard. After we get my family to move out to Chicago, you are my next focus. You have been warned.

I am thankful for Jason, who has been an amazing partner since day 1. I could not ask for a more supportive, caring and loving person who mellows me out when I am stressed out and listens to all my crazy ideas. This move has been really hard for me, but knowing I have him here with me has made everything feel a little bit easier.

For my health. The strength I have learned I hold within me. For taking on one of the hardest challenges a person can take and defy the odds - losing 75+ pounds and working hard, everyday, to stay healthy and fit. For Michael Friedman, who the world will hopefully learn about soon. Thank you for pushing me farther than I ever thought possible. Because of you I continue to give myself goals and step outside my comfort zone. These two things make me strive daily to be a better person. I am so glad you came into my life when you did. I can't wait to run the Chicago Marathon 2013 by your side (and under 5 hours).

I am also thankful for this new adventure that I have been able to set out on. For the opportunity to drive across the United States, to spend 3 weeks in Europe, to live in a new City. Not many people get the chance to experience the things I have in the past year. I am thankful that I chose to try new things instead of being afraid of them - and letting my fear become my inspiration.


 I apologize for the lack of pictures in this post.. the next one will have more! 




1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you friend! You truly have an amazing support system and we all love and miss you! Cannot wait to see you in 26 days!!

    ReplyDelete