A new year. A time for continued new beginnings! Life has been so crazy since the beginning of December. I can’t believe today is already January 1, 2013. Besides Christmas, yesterday was my first day off from both jobs since I started working at Hillshire on December 4. I enjoyed getting to sleep in and spending the last day of the year with Jason. I feel like we haven’t gotten to see much of each other lately, as I feel I am always coming and going, but hopefully that will change soon!
For 2013, instead of resolutions I feel like I never keep, I am choosing to set 13 Goals for myself – 365 days to conquer fears, overcome obstacles, push myself outside of my comfort zone and remember the feeling of accomplishment. I choose to do this instead of resolutions, as I feel like I make very vague resolutions which makes it hard to accomplish them. So here we are, without further ado:
- Train for and complete the Chicago Marathon in October – my first marathon!
- Train for and complete Steelhead 70.3 in August – my first half-ironman race!
- Try one new restaurant in Chicago a month.
- Visit my family and friends in San Francisco four times this year.
- Be more consistent with updating my blog.
- Although this may conflict slightly with number 5, be more present while at home with Jason, putting down my phone and putting my computer away – there is nothing happening online that is THAT important.
- Volunteer at least once a month.
- Cook dinner for Jason at least once a week, instead of letting him handle all of the cooking. It’s time to finally learn and master some dishes!
- Give hot yoga or Bikrim yoga more of a chance.
- Get financially healthy – set a budget and stick to it!
- GET MARRIED.
- Take a trip somewhere with my sister. Just the two of us.
- Re-establishing routines to help me continue on the path to being my best self which came from taking care of myself both through healthy eating and making sure I sweat at least once a day.
And there you have it.
Happy New Year! What are you going to do this year to challenge yourself and change your life?