Monday, October 29, 2012

Moving Day

Where have the last three years gone?

It's moving day. I've been up since six. I woke up with that excited feeling like the morning you are taking the trip to Disneyland, of even Christmas. Then I remembered.

This is the day I start my 2,290 mile drive away from my family and friends. That is the hardest part about this move. I know that part of change is having to leave things behind, but it's hard when the things you are leaving behind are people you love so dearly. 

There is almost a surreal feeling to today. I think a big part of it is because we have been talking about and putting off this move for so long, that part of me doesn't really believe it's happening today. The moving truck is all packed up and locked up, waiting for the driver to come pick it up and start hauling our stuff towards the Midwest. I figure at this point I have to move, because all my stuff will be sitting there in a truck waiting for me... and I've paid for it already...

Our last day in California was full of errands and packing. I started the day with a long walk with my mom yesterday. It was nice to get one last long walk in with her. The weather here has been ridiculously beautiful, so I got to have one last 70 degree day before plunging myself straight into winter. Then came the packing, the errand running and then the rosary for my grandpa. I feel bad leaving at the same time my dad is saying goodbye to his dad, but it's time. 

The San Francisco Giants' won the 2012 World Series last night. I can not think of a more perfect way to have my time in San Francisco end. Actually - an Oakland A's/ San Francisco Giants' World Series would have been more perfect, but hey, I will take what I can get. And now, I get to leave the city before the victory parade happens on Wednesday. 

Our goal today is to make it to either Salt Lake City or Elko, Nevada. It all just depends on what time we finally hit the road.

Wish us luck! 

1 comment:

  1. Have safe travels, take lots of photos, don't speed through Nevada you're guaranteed a speeding ticket, and I miss you already!
    V

    ReplyDelete